Established in 1999, and recently (2019) merged with Bluestone Environmental Group, Inc., Avatar Environmental is now an 8(a) economically-disadvantaged woman-owned small business (EDWOSB) with expertise in resolving complex scientific and environmental issues. Since our inception, Avatar has designed and directed over 250 environmental projects for more than 60 clients. Recognized as one of the nation’s leading environmental risk assessment (human health and ecological) firms, Avatar also provides expertise in occupational health assessments, environmental compliance, environmental assessments, planning, biological and ecological studies, natural resource management, remedial investigations, geology/hydrogeology, field sampling, data validation, data management, and GIS/spatial analysis services.
Avatar employs over 25 people with the majority of the staff located in our West Chester, PA office, but with employees at four project offices: Warner Robins, GA; Lowell, MA; Pittsfield, MA; and Edison, NJ. We are a small business under multiple NAICS codes with size classification standards of $7.5 and $15 Million annual revenue.
Avatar provides services as a prime contractor on multiple federal government contracts and as a subcontractor to other federal government contractors. We have project management and accounting systems in place to provide quality controls on all project management functions. Avatar is registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) and maintains our current Representations and Certifications in the SAM system.
Avatar holds Federal prime contracts with:
- USACE New England District Hazardous Toxic Radioactive Waste (HTRW)
- USACE Kansas City District A-E Services MEGA
- USACE Baltimore District A-E Services for HTRW and Military Munitions Projects MATOC
- USACE New England District GE-Pittsfield/Housatonic River Professional Services Contract
- USAF Robins AFB, GA Industrial Hygiene Support Services
- GSA Multiple Award Schedule for Environmental Consulting Services (899-1)
- National Park Service CERCLA Environmental Site Inspection
- USEPA Office of Oceans and Coastal Protection Division (OCPD) Climate Change Vulnerability Assessments – Northeast Region
- USAF Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC)
- USEPA START Contracts in Regions 1, 2, 3 and 6
- USEPA RAC Contracts in Regions 1, 2, 3 and 4
- NDCEE National Defense Center for Energy and Environment
- USACE Institute of Water Resources Humphrey’s Engineer Center