Avatar Environmental, LLC has an immediate job opening for an Environmental Engineer. This individual will assist with various environmental projects with established scope, budget, and time schedules. The Environmental Engineer will participate in project planning and project performance for assigned projects, and will communicate directly with internal and external clients. He/she assists in feasibility studies, engineering design, technical research, as well as proposals, plans, and report preparation.
The requirements and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from related and accredited engineering program.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Certification of Engineer in Training (EIT) required.
- Familiar and experienced with the EPA CERCLA Feasibility Study process.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in environmental investigations, remediation technologies, engineering/construction cost estimates, preparation of work plans, and treatment system design, operation, and maintenance.
- Capable of interpreting and summarizing data.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Experience working within a team responding to requests for proposals.
- Capable of preparing daily QC reports, maintaining field notes, and providing photo documentation.
- Experience with field assignments including sampling activities, construction oversight, site inspections, and conducting site assessments.
- Ability and willingness to travel and participate in and/or lead field activities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with internal and external clients, as well as regulatory agencies.
- Capable of collaborating with engineers, CAD technicians, field technicians, designers, risk assessors, project managers, and other team personnel to complete projects efficiently and accurately.